New International Student Orientation Spring 2020
New International Student Orientation for Spring 2020 will take place in Shineman Atrium and Shineman 175. Below is a full schedule (new students also will receive a hard copy of schedule upon arrival).
- 7:50 AM: Meet in the Lobby of Hart Hall and an International Student Ambassador will walk with you to the Shineman Center
- 8:00 AM: New International Student Orientation starts in the Shineman Center Atrium in front of Fusion Cafe
IMPORTANT: You must check in with Orientation staff when you arrive - just look for a sign that says “Step 1.” Don’t forget to bring your passport and Form I-20 (F-1 students) or Form DS-2019 (J-1 students) with you. You will also be able to get your student ID photo taken (which you will need in order to eat lunch!) during Orientation from from 8:00 - 9:00 AM.
- 8 - 10 AM: International Student Resources Fair (participation is mandatory!). From 8:00 - 9:00 AM, students may also get their SUNY Oswego ID photos taken
- 10 AM: Presentations start in Shineman 175. The first is a discussion on Immigration Rights and Responsibilities by Maria Kopnitsky, International Enrollment Manager
- 10:45 - 10:55 AM: Presentation on Health Insurance by Amy Wallace, International Education & Programs Office Manager
- 10:55 AM: Welcome Address by Joshua McKeown, Associate Provost for International Education and Programs
- 11:20 AM: Presentation on Residence Life and Housing by Katiuzca Loaiza, Community Development Specialist
- 11:45: Presentation on Academic Rules and Regulations by Rameen Mohammadi, Associate Provost for Undergraduate and Special Programs
- 1: Lunch at Lakeside Dining Hall
- 1:30 - 5 PM: J-1 visa students will meet with their academic advisors at the scheduled appointment times. Please bring a copy of your latest transcript to this meeting. Note that you only have to attend this meeting with your advisor if you are not registered for at least 12 credit hours (9 for Master’s students) or if you would like to make changes to your course schedule. F-1 visa students will meet with their advisors on August 23.
Thursday, January 23 at 7:50am
Richard S. Shineman Center, Atrium, Room 175